Saturday, March 3, 2012

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?


Earlier this week I received the following story in one of those “please pass this on” e-mails.   While reading, I could picture the special people in my life, recall good feelings, long talks, spectacular dinners, and many laughs.  It was an empowering few minutes away from the hustle and bustle of life, so I’m passing it on to you in hopes that it will give you time to reflect on your own “most important people”.
One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the 
warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that
sometimes there isn't "anymore". No more hugs, no more special moments 
to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute."
Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, 
never to return before we can say good-bye, say "I love you." So while we 
have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when 
it's sick.
This is true for marriage...and old cars...children with bad report cards,
dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. 
We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law 
after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.
Life is important, like people we know who are special...so, keep them close.
The Facebook quotes this week have been about positivity, finding good around you, and creating a beautiful life.  We hope you are encouraged to think bigger, live larger, and believe in yourself more than ever before.
Whenever your feeling is in conflict with your wish,
feeling will be the victor. 
-Neville Goddard
When you look at the world in a narrow way, 
how narrow it seems! 
When you look at it in a mean way, 
how mean it is! 
When you look at it selfishly, 
how selfish it is! 
But when you look at it in a broad, generous, 
friendly spirit, what wonderful people you find in it. 
-Horace Rutledge
I am optimistic and confident in all that I do. 
I affirm only the best for myself and others. 
I am the creator of my life and my world. 
I meet daily challenges gracefully and with complete confidence. 
I fill my mind with positive, nurturing, and healing thoughts.
 -Alice Potter
The words "I am ..." are potent words; 
be careful what you hitch them to. 
The thing you're claiming has a way 
of reaching back and claiming you. 
-A.L. Kitselman
Work is either fun or drudgery. 
It depends on your attitude. 
I like fun. 
 -Colleen C. Barrett
Exude happiness and you will feel it back a thousand times. 
 -Joan Lunden
Some folks never exaggerate...they just remember big. 
 -Audrey Snead
We’d love to hear from you on our Facebook page, please join us!  It’s easy, just click on this link www.facebook.com/pages/The-51-Project/187124621315854.  
Have an amazing week!
Susan and Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment