Saturday, February 11, 2012

With Our Own Two Hands

Unless someone like you cares a whole lot,
nothing is going to get better.
It's not. 
         ~ Dr. Seuss


Anne Frank knew it.  Leo Rosten, Edward Everett Halle and Dr. Suess, too. Even a small, single act can work to make the world a better place. 
 
I find this beautiful piece set to the music of Jack Johnson and Ben Harper a thoughtful and powerful reminder that: Doing nothing is not an option. 
 

 
I hope you are inspired by these words to take action, do something, make a difference with YOUR own two hands!

Last week's daily quotes are also a good reminder of the power of action. If you missed them on Facebook, please enjoy them here today.
 
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a
single moment before starting to improve the world. 
~Anne Frank

 Act as if what you do makes a difference.  It does. 
~William James

The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive,
to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all. 
~Leo Rosten
 
Being good is commendable, but only when it
is combined with doing good is it useful.
 ~Author Unknown
 
I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything,
but I can do something.  And I will not let what
I cannot do interfere with what I can do. 
~Edward Everett Hale

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing
because you can only do little - do what you can. 
~Sydney Smith

  
 
Nameste - Dorothy


 
 
 
 







1 comment:

  1. Absolutly Beautiful you truly have inspired me with this story I am always looking for something to do to make a difference in our world I want to reach out to the hearts and minds of people who wish to do something good in their communities and inspire them to actually go out and do it that's what I want my blog The Writer's Mind to inspire.

    ReplyDelete