Saturday, February 4, 2012

Living In Your Top 1%

Dorothy and I read many books, blogs and Facebook pages and through them we have the pleasure of connecting with insightful, interesting people who are making a positive difference in the world.   All of them provide us with inspiration.
This week’s topic was inspired by Alissa Finerman’s book “Living In Your Top 1%”.  Her book is a guide which can help define what true achievement means to you and will assist you in creating a blueprint for a path to follow to achieve your dreams.   
As I move through my day, I’ve been asking myself if my direction and actions support living in my top 1%.  This visualization has clicked for me because it’s a simple question to answer either yes or no.  “Yes” answers happily encourage me, and “no” answers give me the opportunity to reconsider my actions and make changes which will support my progress.   
Our quotes this week are about making remarkable contributions to the world, and the opportunity to live with distinction.  Thanks to Dorothy Mendoza Row of Mystical Sunflower for the quote she posted that sums up our week’s topic beautifully (you can access Mystical Sunflower from our Facebook page).  
Never forget that you are one of a kind. 
Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness 
to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place. 
And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life's challenges and problems 
seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. 
In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter 
in the world come about. So be that one person. 
- R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983) 
We hope you’ve found inspiration on our Facebook page this week, but if you haven’t been there yet, here are this week’s daily posts:
It is not given us to live lives of undisrupted calm, 
boredom, and mediocrity.  
It is given us to be edge-dwellers. 
- Jay Deacon
To move the world, we must first move ourselves. 
- Socrates
Realize how good you really are. 
- Og Mandino
Your spark can become a flame 
and change everything. 
- E.D. Nixon
We all have the extraordinary coded within us, 
waiting to be released. 
- Jean Houston
I will dare to just do what I do.  Be just what I am.  
And dance whenever I want to. 
- Beverly Williams
I believe that when you realize who you really are 
you understand that nothing can stop 
you from becoming that person. 
- Christine Lincoln
We encourage you to visit the pages we’ve “liked” on our Facebook page and hope you’ll find, as we have, a new community of friends and inspiration which will add more joy to your life.   And while you’re there, please “like” us and help us increase our numbers.
If you’re not a regular Facebook user, this is an opportunity to explore a bit.  It’s easy, just search Facebook for The 51% Project, then select pages from the list of “likes” on our page.  All of those shown offer positive outlooks on life and interesting perspectives to consider.
Wishing you an inspiring week,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment