Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ahhh, the Memories

Make joyful memories often,
they will sustain you forever.
Susan Amidon



I believe that life is supposed to be an adventure and the past few weeks have been full of adventure, fun, and reminiscing.        
The founders of the company I’ve been associated with for more than 20 years have recently retired and this week was their retirement celebration.  Former employees came from all around the West to celebrate with them.  It has been years since I’ve seen many of the guests and it was so fun to reconnect, look at photos from years past and reminisce about the good times, as well as the awkward times, we shared.  Everyone was happy and eager to be a part the festivities.  So many pieces of our lives have been spent together, it was terrific to reconnect and update each other with our more recent adventures.  
Seeing old friends has made me think about how fortunate I am to have so many remarkable people in my life.  I’m one of the luckiest people I know ... I work with some of the most amazing people, from my knowledgeable and forward thinking clients to the willing and talented team members who make my work success possible.    I have a loving and accomplished family, friends and acquaintances who are inspiring and help me think outside of the box as well as make me laugh and remember that life is best when shared in joy and appreciation of all that we have.  
A couple of weeks ago I told you about my raccoon friend ... I’ve named him Hairy Houdini ... and how he drew me into his nocturnal adventure by inviting himself into my home.  He’s still making regular forays to my yard, enjoying the smorgasbord of treats placed in the trap set especially for him, and then somehow letting himself out of the trap to continue on his merry way.  His fearlessness, determination, and curiosity inspires me and I find myself drawn to the road less traveled to see what inspiration and fun I can find there.   
What I’m finding is kind and helpful people willing to go out of their way to help others, new ideas and opportunities, and some very funny conversations.  Most everyone I meet seems to be in a similar place; trying to redefine their purpose and move to a more meaningful and fulfilling life.   I think this is a needed change of perspective from the decadence of the past decade or so.
Adventure calls and I want to answer ... will you join me?     
Susan
Susan:  This week will include business travel and creative problem solving, I’ll be tapping into my joyful memories for stress relief and smiles. 

Dorothy:  Susan and I will have to duke it out for the title of luckiest person in the world this week! How can I not win - I have Susan in my work and play life!  Her ever positive twist on life is such a great tonic against the frequent grumblings of the greater world.  I'm lucky and grateful to be traveling this part of my road of life with her!  Thank you Suz!

No comments:

Post a Comment